“5” Facts We All Must Face ~ by Pastor Leroy Freeman
We had NO CHOICE in our birth. Nevertheless, since we are here, there are certain FACTS that we ALL must face.
You can reject these FACTS, however, ONE DAY, you are going to have to Face these Facts.
1. Fact of Life - Reading and hearing these words prove that you are alive. God has spared you another day.
It's great to have life, but God wants to ask you a question. "For what (or how long) is your life?" Then God answers for you, "It is even a vapor (mist, puff of smoke, something fleeting), that appeareth for a little time and then vanisheth away" (James 4:14). Before you know it, POOF~this life can be gone!! That brings up the next fact.
2. Fact of Death - You didn't come here to stay. "It is appointed unto men once to die" (Heb. 9:27). "Your days are determined, the number of your months are with God. He has appointed your bounds and you cannot pass" (Job 14:5). SOON you WILL leave this earth. All of us must face the fact of death. What happens after death is determined by what we do about the next fact.
3. Fact of Sin - God says that we all are sinners. "For there is not a just man upon the earth that doeth good and sinneth not" (Ecc 7:20). "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Rom. 3:23). You may say, "Well, I'm not that bad. I do keep some of the laws of God."
Let's look at God's reply, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in ONE point, he is guilty of all" (James 2:10). ONE SIN makes you a Sinner. If you are a sinner, you need a Savior. Without a Savior, the wages or payment for your sin is Death (Rom. 6:23). After death, we must face the next fact.
4. Fact of Judgment - One Day, all of us must stand before the Lord to be judged. "For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to God" (Rom. 14:11,12).
We all are going to face a holy God to give an account of the deeds done in our bodies. Every sin that we've committed from the cradle to the grave will be revealed. God will (then) want to know what we're going to do with those sins. He knows that there is only ONE REMEDY for those sins and that is the Blood of JESUS!! If you don't have Christ in your life, there's only one thing left for God to do, and that brings up the next fact.
5. Fact of Eternity - The breath that you are breathing right now is eternal. When this life is over, your soul/spirit is going to live somewhere, either in Heaven or Hell. That's a Fact!
If in this life you accept JESUS CHRIST as your Lord and Savior, at death you will go to be with the Lord (2 Cor. 5:8). If you reject Jesus and die without Him as your Savior, in Hell you will lift up your eyes (Luke 16:19).
Don't be deceived! Enjoying the few sinful pleasures that this world offers is not worth being separated from God for ETERNITY. Why not repent and tell God that you're sorry for breaking His commandments, rejecting His Son Jesus, and living for self?
If you are unsaved, the Lord wants to forgive you, TODAY. The price for your salvation has already been paid over two thousand years ago. To receive it, you must accept it. Without accepting and receiving Jesus Christ into your heart and life, you are subject to the worst punishment that can ever be given. This is a DATE with Death, Hell, and then on to the Lake of Fire (Rev. 20). God does not want this to happen to you. "God is Love" (1 John 4:8).
However, "God is angry with the wicked everyday" (Psm. 7:11). The only way of escape from the consequences of our SIN is through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. If we reject Him, "How can we escape if we neglect so great salvation?" (Heb. 2:3). My friend, there will not be any escape if you say "NO" to God's plan of salvation. Say "YES" to Jesus!
In Christ, God extends His hand of friendship to You!
Will You Accept It?
If you're unsaved, don't delay your decision. Time is running out! Tell God that you are Sorry for all the wrong you've done.
Pray with me: "Lord Jesus, I confess that I've sinned. I believe that Your death on the cross is the only remedy for my sin. Right now I come to You for salvation, pardon, peace, and power to live for You and do the things I should.
Lord Jesus, come into my heart, and make me a new creation. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit. Thanks for hearing and answering my prayer. Thanks Lord, for my salvation!"
My friend, if you have invited Jesus into your heart, and have really meant it, I believe that God has heard and answered your cry. I welcome you to the family of God. Amen ~ Hallelujah!!!